Sunday, February 16, 2014

Swap Meet Fun

So we went to a swap meet this weekend - my first one ever.

Roasted Corn.  This sounded tasty.  But I had to save room for the kettle corn.


Oh, yes.  The kettle corn.  It might have given me a bit of food poisoning, but it was totally worth it.


I asked my bored seven year old if anything struck his interest; he said that Phil's BBQ did.  Sigh.  I understood.  However, Phil's was not available at the swamp meet.  


We were there pretty early, so there wasn't much traffic.


This sign was near the concession stands.  Maybe the lines get really long?


Oh, yes.  The kettle corn.  My husband and son thought that it was only alright, but I thought it was awesome.  I was looking forward to munching on some of it after breakfast this morning, but it wasn't meant to be.  My husband tossed it as soon as I told him that the kettle corn might have made me sick.  



If you look carefully, you'll find a sailor in uniform in this picture.  


Oh wow.  Yummy, yummy, yummy.  These donuts were AWESOME.  



Not much to say here.  They like cash, apparently.


My favorite purchase - a custom Americana/crafty piece for our home.  The license plate portions come from different states we've been stationed at.  


As far as inspiration is concerned, a few things caught my eye.  A few realizations took root in my head, too.  When I will use them, I do not know.  But they will come into play one day.


Cyndia Rios-Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment