Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Should Some Stories Not Be Told? - Feedback Welcome!!

I've been scratching my head over this one.  I have a story in mind that I am thinking about telling, but I am wondering if it would rub some of my readers the wrong way.

Sure, all stories have been told in one way or another, so I shouldn't worry too much.  But the story I have in mind is the story of a woman who finds the love of her life, who loves her back.  Their love is not a problem.  What is a problem is the fact that he is already married with teenaged children.

As writers, should we consider some topics to be sacrosanct?  For example, I am very happily married.  I would be quite upset if my marriage would be disrupted by an outsider.  However, I also know that I cannot control anyone else's behavior.  All I can do is behave as well as I can and hope for the best. 

Still, this story is burning inside of me.  I already know why this new relationship will work, and why the man's marriage will fail.  But is it wrong?  Am I messing with karma doing this?  Am I sending the wrong message? 

I don't know.

Well, this picture does not have a lot to do with today's subject matter, but I wanted to add it for your viewing pleasure:


No comments:

Post a Comment