Sunday, February 2, 2014

A Cemetery Visit

So...the boy decided that he wanted to visit another cemetery today (we went to one in Old Town yesterday - that post will come later), and we thought, why not?  So we did.  It might be macabre to some, but I think that it is a great place to go in order to explain that life is fragile and precious. 

Waiting to take spirits to the afterlife. 


I wonder what the print above "Diaz" means.

Resting in peace.


Catholic nuns resting together.

Such a gorgeous, rustic headstone.

A well-loved spirit.
 

A pretty headstone.
 

Where is his wife?  Did she not want to rest with him?
 

Another gorgeous headstone.
 

Still waiting for his spouse.  Where is she buried?  Did she remarry and choose to be buried with someone else?
 

A young wife who was well loved by her husband and family.
 

 


Beautiful, young souls. 
 

Another angel sent to heaven.


As for me...I don't want to be buried.  I want to be cremated.  I want my ashes to be spread across the Atlantic Ocean where I can travel...forever.  I don't want to be tied to one piece of land forever.  How about you?  What are your last wishes?  Where do you want to be laid to rest?



Cyndia Rios-Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment