Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Scenes from a Target Visit

On a very rare period of alone time, I went shopping.  I went to Target today in hopes of finding some slippers for my son.  They had no slippers in stock.  None.  I checked the shoe section, the baby section, the big boy section, and the little boy section, too.  I even asked an employee.  Sigh.  So, no slippers.  But I did see these cute boy shoes:


I didn't get them though, as my son's feet grow fast.

I also saw these cuties:

But I didn't get them, as they are made of pleather, and I really have no occasion to wear these cute boots in my favorite color - blue.

But then I saw these guys:
Very cute boots, but they also stayed at the store.  I have no use for cute, green/blue half boots right now.  In pleather.

So, I left Target empty handed.  I got in my Jeep and left.  However, I had to wait, as the RR Crossing Sign lights began to flash:


I watched as these two guys signaled the obvious (a train was coming):

Then, I watched the trolley go by:
San Diego has an excellent trolley system.  I'd ride it more if I wasn't so controlling with my time.


Watching and waiting...

I saw some interesting people inside of the trolley.  I took their picture, but it didn't "take."  

The shopping visit wasn't fruitful, but the time alone was.  When I'm alone and not distracted, so many interesting questions pop up in my head.  For instance, why in hell aren't there any slippers to be found in Target in February?  Or, why is that guy folding a blue blanket on the side of the street?  Or more interesting, where is everyone going?  Will they get to where they want to be once they arrive at their destination?


Cyndia Rios-Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment