Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Scenes From a Bike Ride

I took my kid on a bike ride this morning and snapped a few pictures.  Nothing majorly inspiration jumped out, but a few garage doors did.  You see, we live in a 1960's California Rancher, which we like, but our garage door is falling apart and is in need of replacement.  However, we deeply dislike the look of aluminum garage doors, with their long rectangular sheets of metal that are devoid of character.

With that in mind, I took some pictures of "period" garage doors that appeal to me.
The bad thing about vintage garage doors is that they open out and far - like a few feet out.  But they look so nice!

Just a pretty flower whose name is unknown to me.

I love the details with this garage door.  You just don't see that with aluminum doors, unless you are paying a lot of money for them.

This white one is pretty plain.  I'd advise the owners to go ahead and replace it with an aluminum one.

Again, great detail with the contrasting colors, squares, and numbers going down the middle.


Love the rhombuses on this one.


Pretty flowers.  I do love pink.

And finally, our garage door.  I love the design of it.  I would HATE to see it replaced with a boring aluminum one.  


So, I don't know what we'll do.  Maybe nothing.  We do have to repair the cracks in our driveway, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment