Friday, January 17, 2014

In Search of Inspiration...

Yep. Hiking again.  I love to hike.  My husband likes to hike.  My son is onboard with it.  So, we hike.  At least twice a week:


The hike was largely the same as the hike I took earlier this week.  It was also much like the hikes I took last week. 

What was different was the heat, though.  (Southern California is going through a bit of a heat wave).  We got tired earlier on.  We slowed down a bit.  I cranked up the AC as soon as we got back into our ride. 

But maybe that in itself is inspirational; a key detail that is slightly different than what usually occurs.  Maybe, I can use that in my writing.  Perhaps a protagonist takes a walk down a street in downtown Chicago when it is unreasonably hot.  Maybe she takes a lot of breaks in the shade.  Perhaps while she is standing in shadow, fanning her moistened neck, she notices something she's never seen before...

Food for thought, I think.


Cyndia Rios-Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment