Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I Love You, But Please Don't Read My Books

Not you, blog reader!  I SO want you to read my books.  But the unwanted readers I am referring to are my family members - my beloved mother, father, brother, aunts, uncles, and even my beloved husband.

Here's a not-so-secret secret.  I write sexy scenes in a lot of my books.  Not all of them (Joppa Park and The Wolves series are sex scene free), but most of them. 

I don't want my loved ones to see these sections of my books and wonder if that is how I...spend some of my time.  (Obviously, my husband is a party to certain intimate activities, but I still don't want him reading that stuff). 

It is a tricky thing, deciding which novels will have graphic sex scenes in them, and which ones will simply allude to them.  What I like to think about are my readers.  Some of them don't like sex scenes and others LOVE them.  I like to think about my target audience for a specific book and decide then.

Where am I on the fence?  I am a huge fan of sex scenes.  In reading books, I like being a party to the entire relationship - the first look, the first words, the friendship, the love and the passion, too.  If I am cut off from the intimate part, I pout.  But that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy reading non-sexy books, because I do, as there is obviously much more to relationships (even fictional ones) than sex.

But for my family members that are reading this blog, don't read my books - or just avoid the ones that have sex scenes in them.  Please ask me and I'll tell you which ones to avoid (ALL of them with the exception of Joppa Park and The Wolves series of novellas). 



Thanks for reading!  (Or for not reading my books!)


Cyndia Rios-Myers


No comments:

Post a Comment