Thursday, March 6, 2014

San Diego Central Library

I have a confession to make.  I am not much of a library person.  I know, I know...  How can a writer say that?  E-Books, I tell you.  They are wonderful!  You can get great books for cheap or even free, and you don't even have to leave your house!  But of course, leaving your house is a good thing to do.  How else would anyone become inspired?  

I used to be a very avid library patron.  I had tons of books on hold and I constantly had new ones at home.  Some library systems are great.  The Anne Arundel County Public Library System is one of the best.  They always had every single book I wanted (even if I had to go on a waiting list here or there).  The San Diego Library is not that bad, either.  Still, we aren't huge patrons of it.  My husband loves e-books, too, and loves to buy reference books instead of checking them out.  And of course, we made a little boy who feels the same way about books - he likes to buy them instead of borrowing them.  Still, here's a few pictures of our visit to the wonderful downtown library:




I checked out a couple of magazines on homeschooling, and my son checked out a couple of books about Braille (a topic he is currently obsessed).  We walked around the gorgeous, three floor building and then left.  
It is definitely worth checking out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment