Sunday, March 9, 2014

Another Cemetery Visit - Fort Rosecrans National Cemetary

So, our son likes visiting cemeteries.  Because it amuses me, we go.  He likes to comment on the ages of people when they die, the names, and how sad it is when he sees the graves of babies and children.  I agree.  I also like to use the opportunity to explain to him that life is short and so very fragile.  I hope that the lesson resonates with him.



A beautiful view for a final resting place.






What we discovered is that spouse and dependent tombs face one way, while veteran/active duty service member tombs face the other way.


The tomb of a female service member.  Do I want to be buried in a national cemetery?  I do not know.  


I love how much this interests my son.  More cemetery visits to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment