Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Why Did You Return That Book?

Hi There!

It's me - Cyndia Rios-Myers.  I hope that my name rings a bell.  It should (maybe vaguely) as you purchased one of my books. 

But here's the thing...you returned that book you purchased.  Why did you do that?  Had you purchased it before?  Did you not like it?  If you purchased it before, I understand.  If you didn't like it, I have to tell you that disappoints me (but I understand). 

There is one more alternative that disturbs me.  If you read the book (the entire book), and then returned it, I have to tell you how messed up that is.  Very.  Extremely.  It is horribly messed up.

Let me tell you something about us self-published writers.  We work HARD at this; at writing, at editing, and at marketing our works.  We don't get a lot of respect from "traditionally published" writers or from academics.  That does not deter us, though.  We continue to sell our wares. 

But having to deal with unfair reviews, no reviews, and questionable returns is not easy at all.  But then again, we are used to rejection. 

Still, when buying books, don't be a jerk.  If you hate a book and don't read it all the way through, return it.  We understand.  If you purchased it in error, we understand that too.  But if you read the book and returned it to get your money back, that is awful.  That makes you a thief. 

So please be a considerate reader, and a considerate human being. 


Cyndia Rios-Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment