Monday, June 24, 2013

Moving Forward....

The Wolves was such a fun series to write.  I loved every minute of it.  However, it had to come to an end, which it did...kind of.  Lana and Jorgen's life will continue, but the story being told through Lana's perspective is over.  Two full length novels may or may not occur, which would be told through the perspective of two different sets of eyes. 

But for now, I want to write stand alone books.  I have so many unique stories to tell.  Still, it seems like people love reading series - paranormal ones.  Even though I have women's fiction novels, The Wolves are still my best selling titles. 

You know, it would by hypocritical of me to say that I was not a series fiction fan.  I am!!  Here are the heroes and heroines whose lives I HAVE to be apprised of:

  1. Harry Dresden
  2. Rachel Morgan
  3. Kitty Norville
  4. Mercy Thompson
  5. Merit Merit
  6. Clare Fraser
  7. October (Toby) Daye
  8. Isabel Spellman (non paranormal, but still awesome)
I am sure that there are more, but I cannot recall the names of all of them just now. 

So...I understand why people love series books.  But stand alone stories are great too.  I write them in a way where people don't have to wonder what happens after the heroine rides into the sunset (by herself or with her man). 

So, get yourself a preview of The Song of the Sleeping Grass, Joppa Park, Summation of Love, or Nice Shootin' Tex.  Of course I am biased, but they really are pretty darned good. 

Cyndia Rios-Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment