Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Don't Pick a Side!! Equal Opportunity For All E-Readers!

Hello there, Writer.  My name is Cyndia Rios-Myers.  Just like you, I am a writer.  Do you know what else I am? A reader.  I love to read.  If you read my last post, you probably discovered that I love series fiction/paranormal fiction.  I also love nonfiction.  I am currently reading Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell.  AWESOME book, by the way.  I "picked it up" on sale at Barnes and Noble for my Nook, which brings me to the topic of this "conversation."

Why do you chose to publish e-books on only one website?  Actually, you don't have to answer that.  I know that you do it because one particular book selling website allows you a great place to garner great publicity for your books.  Trust me, I know that we indie writers/publishers need all the help we can get out there.

But where does that exclusivity leave readers who own an e-reader made by another website?  I'll tell you where - without a copy of YOUR book, which is where I find myself right now.  I really wanted to buy a copy of the book Girls Gone Skank: The Sexualization of Girls in America but cannot as it is not offered as an ebook for my particular e-reader. 

So, when taking advantage of a free publicity deal, please take all of your customers into consideration.  Your next biggest fan might own an e-reader that you are not offering your e-books to.


Cyndia Rios-Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment